Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm Back!

This knee replacement thing is the pits! Nothing is going as I planned, which is causing me to wonder....why me? I ended up back in the hospital for knee manipulation. What that means is that after I had surgery, I kept feeling my knee drawing up and I eventually lost the ability to extend it. This is not an unheard of phenomenon....well, it sort of is because most people with the problem lose the ability to flex the leg. Dr. Cutie Pie said that he read that JRA can cause extension issues after knee replacement.

Anyway, I had the procedure done, the leg was straight and boy was I happy! The happiness did not last long because it is slowly trying to go back into the same old position that sent me back to the hospital. I go to therapy 3 days per week to help strengthen the leg and keep it straight, but it is doing no good. Who knew that I would be in such a mess?

Regardless, I am alive and it could be worse. I miss driving my car and playing in the backyard with my dog and cat. One day I will be able to resume those activities. In the meantime, I will be here praying that that day comes really soon.

No comments: